[X3D-Public] International Digital Publishing Forum (formerly Open eBook Forum)

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Thu Aug 12 17:54:04 PDT 2010

Wondering if anyone has worked with these folks before.  Might be
interesting for our e-learning interest group.

     International Digital Publicshing Forum
     http://idpf.org

> The International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF) is a trade and
> standards organization dedicated to the development and promotion of
> electronic publishing and content consumption.
>
> The work of the IDPF promotes the development of electronic publishing
> applications and products that will benefit creators of content,
> makers of reading systems, and consumers.  The IDPF develops and
> maintains the EPUB content publication standard that enables the
> creation and transport of reflowable digital books and other types of
> content as digital publications that are interoperable between
> disparate EPUB-compliant reading devices and applications.
>
> The IDPF welcomes book, newspaper, journal and magazine publishers,
> booksellers, software and reading system developers, authors, and
> other groups interested in digital reading to join our organization.

Don Brutzman  Naval Postgraduate School, Code USW/Br      brutzman at nps.edu
Watkins 270   MOVES Institute, Monterey CA 93943-5000 USA  +1.831.656.2149
X3D, virtual worlds, underwater robots     http://faculty.nps.edu/brutzman