[X3D-Public] International Digital Publishing Forum (formerly Open eBook Forum)

John Carlson john.carlson3 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 17 21:05:50 PDT 2010

On Aug 17, 2010, at 6:30 PM, John F. Richardson wrote:

> So the challenge for what we are usually talking about on this list is to
> include behaviour and scene logic - which touches the problem to archive
> software as implemented algorithms besides data. The same problem as faced by
> typical dynamic web-content. I remember the times that mirroring a web-site
> was perfectly possible by copying, and was used to archive web pages.

Perhaps including key frames would provide behavior.  Or providing a time axis on all geometry (I'll let you pick between absolute and relative time).  Perhaps however, there is another way to archive geometry and time besides the typical 4 dimensions.  What if your objects were connected with springs with a certain amount of stretchiness.  I am talking about is the 4 fundamental forces.  If your entire scene was stored as forces, what would that look like?  Is this being handled in X3DEarth?