[X3D-Public] XTranormal X3D: Virtuality Uber Alles

GLG info at 3dnetproductions.com
Fri Dec 10 09:05:47 PST 2010

Although the X3Daemon server can support most X3D/VRML
viewers, you need to have BS Contact to access Office
Towers. It was a difficult decision to make 3 years ago, but
if we wanted any kind of rendering consistency, we had to
pick a viewer. Otherwise, attempting to support a larger
number of viewers would only diminish the number of features
in our world. Office Towers being such a large world (it is
now actually a collection of worlds in addition to the
linked worlds), that didn't leave us with much choice but to
support one viewer and fully exploit its capabilities. We
would like to be able to do otherwise, but the reality of it
is simply not practical to say the least. It is difficult
enough to support the 3 major Web browsers in addition to
stand-alone Contact. You will find that most extensive
worlds will tend to gravitate around a single viewer.

Lauren