[X3D-Public] Virtuality Uber Alles

Russ Kinter pyth7 at verizon.net
Fri Dec 10 13:26:37 PST 2010

Deep Matrix @ http://www.deepmatrix.org has a similar public server where
people can put up their own worlds and run bots supplied in the download.
Similarly they can jump to other worlds via jump gates or use the world list
in the client and retain their current avatar selection. Since the Deep
Matrix client is a standalone application the public server is reached by
starting the public-client script for your operating system.
Deep Matrix requires Instant Player, but it is cross-platform for Mac and
Linux as well as Windows. Also, you can run your own server that is supplied
in the download.
In terms of world builders actually using the public server, use has
increased a little from a very small community of old-school VRML builders.
When compared with the features of Second-Life/Open-Sim or Wonderland
any would-be VRML/X3D MU server system faces staggering odds.

tc
Russ Kinter

Come to think of it, the subject line could be a source for tinnitus with
Len covering the Dead Kennedys