[X3D-Public] [off topic] organization of knowledge, teaching

John Carlson john.carlson3 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 18 12:42:09 PST 2010

I am currently thinking about the organization of knowledge and how it might be presented in text, speech, 2D and 3D.   I don't believe this is the same as knowledge representation or knowledge organization.  It's more like how to organize facts in a way that builds on previous knowledge, similar to how a teacher might present information in a class.  I am familiar with Khan Academy, but I'm not sure what the technology behind Khan Academy is.  I feel that educators have put a great deal of time figuring out how to present things in an understandable way.  I am kind of thinking about XTranormal for teachers.  I would be curious to know if children can learn from a robot as well as they can from a human being.