[X3D-Public] Link spam on web3d.org forums

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 11:20:50 PDT 2010

Hi,

Can we get a moderator to remove link spammers from
http://www.web3d.org/message_boards/ ? There's an awful lot of spam...
I'm submitting it for moderation (by "Report this post" buttons), but it
doesn't seem like any moderator is active.

Some examples:

http://www.web3d.org/message_boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2209#p5272

And everything from user "parker", (s)he seems to copy contents of valid
posts only to insert links inside. For example the good post from tiberg
("I'm Sven-Erik Tiberg invoved in some challange..." from
http://www.web3d.org/message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=235) is pasted at
the bottom of

http://www.web3d.org/message_boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1022#p5274

with no content changed, but with links inserted. Similar link spam on:

http://www.web3d.org/message_boards/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=789#p5276
http://www.web3d.org/message_boards/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=235#p5275
http://www.web3d.org/message_boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=706#p5273

And most of these examples come from the recent RSS feed content, they
are linked as "Most Recent Topics" from main page.

Michalis