[X3D-Public] XMPP or not XMPP

Tony Parisi tparisi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 10:21:50 PDT 2010

Sven-Erik

I think for floating data you could just use text over XMPP. We're not
talking about a lot of data: positions and orientations mostly.

Zlib is an interesting idea - not sure either but that would be great to
investigate!

I would NOT repeat NOT transfer large hunks of data over the MU protocol. We
have HTTP for that. Put your models in files, fetch via HTTP and use
traditional techniques to break them up (e.g. Inlines and createX3DFromUrl)
and/or package multiple models into one file if you're worried about the
number of requests.

Tony

Tony Parisi                             tparisi at gmail.com
CTO at Large                         415.902.8002