[X3D-Public] XMPP or not XMPP

Sven-Erik Tiberg Sven-Erik.Tiberg at ltu.se
Thu Sep 2 04:28:49 PDT 2010

Hi Christioph

The intention are to use the same script for all transfere of states over the network or only local in the mashine.
If local the script would transfere states between a X3Dbrowser and a simulation/animation engine on the same computer.
If MU the script will transfer states over the network to either another or many X3Dbrowser or / and one or more simulation/animation engine on one or many servers.

Primarily I'v taken the example to have a MU 3D space with many 3D clients and one or more servers.
Secondly one computer hosting both a 3D Browser and a simulation/animation engine.

If it's possible to use js or ajax as a network extension to any 3D Browser I will get a cace and celibrate with my collegues.
A dinner when we got the MU running and guess what when we got a MU with simulation engines runing. :)

/Sven-Erik