[X3D-Public] XMPP or not XMPP

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Thu Sep 2 04:53:26 PDT 2010

--- On Thu, 2/9/10, Sven-Erik Tiberg <Sven-Erik.Tiberg at ltu.se> wrote:

From: Sven-Erik Tiberg <Sven-Erik.Tiberg at ltu.se>
Subject: Re: [X3D-Public] XMPP or not XMPP
To: "'Christoph Valentin'" <christoph.valentin at gmx.at>
Cc: "x3d-public at web3d.org" <x3d-public at web3d.org>

#yiv1888844435 P {
MARGIN-TOP:0px;MARGIN-BOTTOM:0px;}
#yiv1888844435 UNKNOWN {
MARGIN-TOP:0px;MARGIN-BOTTOM:0px;}

Hi Christioph

The intention are to use the same script for
all transfere of states over the network or only local in the
mashine.
If local the script would transfere states between a
X3Dbrowser and a simulation/animation engine on the same
computer.
If MU the script will transfer states over the
network to either another or many X3Dbrowser or / and one or more
simulation/animation engine on one or many servers.

Primarily I'v taken the example to have a MU 3D space with many 3D
clients and one or more servers.
Secondly one computer hosting both a 3D Browser and a
simulation/animation engine.

If
it's possible to use js or ajax as a network extension to any 3D Browser I will
get a cace and celibrate with my collegues.
A dinner when we got the MU running and guess what
when we got a MU with simulation engines runing. :)

/Sven-Erik
 there is a catch in simulation/animation engine that are server side
you'll need to use something like Discrete Event Simulation (http://www.cs.brown.edu/~scd/world/sim.html)

tom