[X3D-Public] year-end update reviews needed: X3D player and authoring tool support pages

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 10:11:34 PST 2011

Don Brutzman wrote:
> Please review and provide updates to our pages that list the capabilities
> and coverage of X3D players and tools.
>
> 	Player support for X3D components
> 	http://www.web3d.org/x3d/wiki/index.php/Player_support_for_X3D_components
> 	This page has been accessed 61,854 times.
>
> 	Tool support for X3D components
> 	http://www.web3d.org/x3d/wiki/index.php/Tool_support_for_X3D_components
> 	This page has been accessed 19,414 times.
>
> Web3D members can update their own entries on these pages if they prefer.
> Meanwhile I am happy to make any revisions or additions needed.
> Update reports are welcome.

It would be great if someone added view3dscene
(http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/view3dscene.php) to the list of
players.

- We handle X3D XML encoding, X3D Classic encoding, VRML 97 and VRML 1.0.
- The list of supported components and their levels is on
http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/x3d_implementation_status.php .

If you have any questions about what is/is not supported, please ask :)

Thank you in advance,
Michalis