[X3D-Public] Export to X3D updated in new Blender version 2.56 beta

JOHN COADY johncoady at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 12 05:17:50 PST 2011

To report a bug go to

  www.blender.org -> click on Development tab -> click on Report a bug tab  -> Click on Blender 2.5 (or 2.49) Bug Tracker -> log in -> create new

  I think right now they are concentrating on fixing bugs with the current functionality so they can put out a general release of blender 2.5 and get it out of beta. If something is broken, they will fix it right away. If they consider it new functionality, that wasn't previously supported, they will add it to their "to do list" and they will get to it eventually. For instance, I wrote reported a bug that they don't export blender Animation data to the X3D file and make use of X3D animation nodes and since animation wasn't previously supported, they added it to their to do list. Same thing with multiple textures, they never used the X3D multitexture node in the past so they didn't fix it right away.