[X3D-Public] remote animation invocation (RAI)

Christoph Valentin christoph.valentin at gmx.at
Sat Feb 26 12:38:15 PST 2011

Thanks for clarification - so you mean "upload" quasi as part of avatar
authoring, but not as part of avatar operation, true?

Additionally, when you write
very natural.

What do you mean:
(a) Rendering in the network as opposed to (b) rendering in the user
equipment?

(a) downloading (stereo) video from network, uploading raw user input,
rendering in the network?

(b) downloading scene (updates) from network, exchanging state updates
between user equipment and network, rendering in user equipment?

If you mean this, and if you assume bandwidth between user equipment and
network being a scarce resource, then in my humble opinion the conclusion
is.

Both (a) and (b) is necessary, (a) for complex scenery and high speed
movement, (b) for simple scenery and low speed movement.

Did not consider robots, only avatars and virtual reality.

Kind regards
Christoph