[X3D-Public] Player support for X3D components - confirmation request

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 18:17:26 PDT 2012

Don Brutzman wrote:
> Request:  can companies and individuals who are building and maintaining
> player (viewer) support for X3D please confirm the various levels of
> capability (profiles and components) which they provide.
>
> It has been good to see that some Web3D Consortium members are
> occasionally posting updates.
>
> Corrections and improvements by the X3D community are also welcome.
>
> If additional players ought to be listed, please advise.  Thanks everyone.
>
> http://www.web3d.org/x3d/wiki/index.php/Player_support_for_X3D_components

Then I'd like to repeat my question from 2011 and 2009: It would be
great if someone added view3dscene
(http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/view3dscene.php) to the list of
players. As I'm not a consortium member, it seems I can't do it by myself.

- We handle X3D XML encoding, X3D Classic encoding, VRML 97 and VRML 1.0.
- The latest version (in shapsnots) supports features from X3D 3.3
(UNIT, MetadataBoolean, minor other fields; but without "Volume
Rendering" *yet*).
- The list of supported components and levels is on
http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/x3d_implementation_status.php ,
with links to details.

If you have any questions about what is/is not supported, please ask :)

Thank you in advance,
Michalis