[X3D-Public] Annoucement: view3dscene SVN features: 3D mouse, SSAO, X3D 3.3, VisibilitySensor, more

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Sat May 12 05:25:38 PDT 2012

Hi,

Although we don't have a new view3dscene release yet (version 3.12.0
will happen at the end of May), I thought that you may be interested in
the list of changes done in last months. We have support for 3D mouse
devices (http://www.3dconnexion.com/), navigation by dragging in
Walk/Fly (similar to other browsers), Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
effect, X3D 3.3 (UNIT, and small other bits; *for now* without Volume
Rendering) and many other small features. Internally (if you're into
ObjectPascal programming) we have more features for making new 3D games,
including very comfortable API for using collisions and creatures AI,
better routines for managing game data.

The full announcement, with some youtube videos, is on
http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/news.php?item=2012-05-11-new-features .

The stable view3dscene release is, as always, on
http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/view3dscene.php . If you want to
try some of the latest features before next release, you can try our
snapshots on http://michalis.ii.uni.wroc.pl/castle-engine-snapshots/ .

Regards,
Michalis