[X3D-Public] announce: X3D-Edit, example support for ClipPlane

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 15:20:40 PDT 2013

Don Brutzman wrote:
> Example scene, modified from work by Nicholas Polys:
> http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/CAD/ClipPlaneExample.x3d

> Do any other browsers support?

view3dscene of course supports ClipPlane :) And I just tested the linked
ClipPlaneExample.x3d with view3dscene, we handle it perfectly.

You can also find a ClipPlane example inside our demo models
(http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/demo_models.php , same ones as
mentioned in my other email 5 minutes ago :). The ClipPlane example is
inside demo_models/x3d/clip_plane.x3dv . It uses some
view3dscene-specific features though, so it's not cross-browser. It
shows that ClipPlane can be animated, and can be defined in various
coordinate systems.

Michalis