[X3D-Public] X3D MultiTexturing - how about we start fixing thespec? :)

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 11:43:52 PDT 2013

> The only way you get to talk to the specmaster around here is to submit your
> findings as bugs against the spec as entered using the Web3D.org Spec
> comment form.
> That is the only way to work with spec bugs in the ISO process.

I did submit the multi-texturing bugs as spec comments at least two
times already, without any response... I understand that these issues
are complicated and may require some discussion, that's why this time
I want to encourage some public talk, and would appreciate some
confirmation like "Ok, the fix is applied to X3D spec in development,
move on" :)

I don't mind submitting them another time as spec comments, if you
think it is useful. But at this point, I'm not sure is it productive
to duplicate existing reports.

> Good Work on MultiTexture, it is needed for HAnim. Have you verified your
> thoughts by looking at what WebGL does?

WebGL is an OpenGL for JavaScript. It allows directly using shader
(GLSL) code. As such, it's light-years above the X3D MultiTexturing
options, but also not so easy to use (imperative, GLSL etc.).

Michalis