[X3D-Public] Support for submeshes?

Tony Parisi tparisi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 11:19:43 PST 2013

Hmm maybe my rendering knowledge is out of date. Well if you are correct
than the only reason to have X3D support submesh materials is so that it's
truly one object for the purposes of picking and so on. And even then maybe
it's only an efficiency, since the input sensors only return hitPoint,
hitNormal etc. and those values would be the same whether you have one or
more Shape nodes in that part of the hierarchy.

Tony

Tony Parisi                             tparisi at gmail.com
CTO at Large                         415.902.8002
Skype                                     auradeluxe
Follow me on Twitter!             http://twitter.com/auradeluxe
Read my blog at                     http://www.tonyparisi.com/

Read my book! *WebGL, Up and Running*
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920024729.do