[X3D-Public] Geometry2D nodes: refreshed test scene, good support, some browsers still need it

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Tue Jun 25 19:19:12 PDT 2013

Have split out the prior confounded X3D scene for the 2D nodes into one
excellent example, plus 2 support versions for browser developers.

- Geometry2dComponentExamples.x3d showing native use

http:/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/development/Geometry2dComponentExamples.x3d
   (master source)
http:/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/development/Geometry2dComponentExamples.html
  (documentation)
http:/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/development/Geometry2dComponentExamples.xhtml
(X3DOM)

Plus multiple screenshot images:

http:/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/development/Geometry2dComponentExamplesBsContact.png
http:/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/development/Geometry2dComponentExamplesFreeWRL.png
http:/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/development/Geometry2dComponentExamplesH3dViewer.png
http:/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/development/Geometry2dComponentExamplesInstantReality.png
http:/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/development/Geometry2dComponentExamplesOctagaVS.png
http:/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/development/Geometry2dComponentExamplesView3dScene.png
http:/www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Basic/development/Geometry2dComponentExamplesX3DOM.png

Also
- Geometry2dComponentPrototypes.x3d   showing prototype implementations,
for browser development
- Geometry2dComponentExternProtos.x3d showing prototype use, for
development testing

Browsers missing support:
- BSContact: none
- view3dscene: a few
- Xj3D is missing Arc2D, ArcClose2D, Circle2D and FillProperties.

If I should also be testing any other player, please advise.

The Geometry2D nodes are important for supporting models exported from
CAD.  It is good to see that a majority of players support them.  The
X3D working group will be happy to help other browsers implement them if
needed, we have an excellent variety of high-quality open source now.