[X3D-Public] Tabletop / Achsen nur drehen

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Fri May 3 03:38:13 PDT 2013

Martin Huwa wrote:
> Ist sowas geplant bzw wird es in einer der kommenden Versionen
> implementiert, dass man 3D Modelle nur an einer bestimmten Achse drehen
> kann und die anderen dann statisch sind bzw nicht gedreht werden können
> bzw deaktiviert werden?
> Wäre echt toll :D

If I understand it right (I used google translate to read your mail),
you're looking for a rotation constrained to a particular axis.

For interactive rotating by dragging, the CylinderSensor (supported by
pretty much all VRML/X3D browsers) is designed for exactly this purpose.
See
http://www.web3d.org/files/specifications/19775-1/V3.2/Part01/components/pointingsensor.html#CylinderSensor
for specification (in X3D 3.2) and see
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/content/examples/Conformance/Sensors/CylinderSensor/index.html