[X3D-Public] Tabletop / Achsen nur drehen

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Sat May 4 12:52:06 PDT 2013

Martin Huwa wrote:
> but there are some specific rotation modes in x3dom.js but not axis locking?

(Remember to do "reply all" to reply also to the x3d-public mailing list. :)

X3DOM is something more specific than just X3D. It seems (reading
http://x3dom.org/docs/dev/nodes/index.html ) that indeed X3DOM doesn't
support CylinderSensor. Anyway, you can use Transform node to do
rotations, and I guess it's up to your scripts to keep the particular
rotation axis locked. "Transform.rotation" field is just 4 floating
point values: axis + angle, so just keep the axis constant and you're
good :)

If this doesn't help, I think we may need more information about what
you're trying to do.

I'm also not an expert on X3DOM, so I'll leave others to eventually
clarify CylinderSensor support X3DDOM.

Regards,
Michalis