[X3D-Public] potential free audio formats for X3D - ogg and flac

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Fri May 10 12:49:51 PDT 2013

Dave A wrote:
>> Broad question: shall we add .ogg vorbis and FLAC to the list of
>> _required_ audio formats for X3D?

For what it's worth, view3dscene doesn't even support mp3. Only wav and
ogg. Although probably we will add support for other formats (mp3, flac,
others) as soon as someone will request it :)

>> X3D working group: we should also consider improving the aural
>> spatialization model in next year's X3D v3.4.

For some inspiration, you can take a look at Castle Game Engine notes
about X3D Sound component:
http://castle-engine.sourceforge.net/x3d_implementation_sound.php . I
described there some experience from my implementation, and some spotted
spec problems.

Michalis