[X3D-Public] X3D's JSON Encoding

Leonard Daly web3d at realism.com
Tue Aug 19 17:17:20 PDT 2014

The JSON encoding of X3D generated a lot of interest and discussion.
This is the initial start of developing the encoding. Based on a message
from Don in July
(http://web3d.org/pipermail/x3d-public_web3d.org/2014-July/002854.html -
"x3d to json experiments & links of interest"), I have started a
Community Wiki page
(http://www.web3d.org/wiki/index.php/X3D_JSON_Encoding) to continue the
discussion and resolve the issues.

Please keep the numbering of the elements in the 'Conversion Issues'
section so that we can cross-reference the entries.

I did not include specific comments from the follow up, but did try to
include the issues. Please feel free to contribute to the page. If you
add your opinion to one of the issues, please prefix it with your
initials and make sure you have an entry in the 'Contributors' section.
If you are running into issues editing the page, please contact me (not
the list).

Thank you,

Leonard Daly
X3D Co-chair