[X3D-Public] 2D footprint with holes in X3D

Leonard Daly web3d at realism.com
Tue Dec 16 07:23:42 PST 2014

Cris,

There is an Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) working on a definition for
work with cities and buildings called CityGML
(http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/citygml). The Web3D Consortium
has a liaison relationship with them. They may have worked on a lot of
what you are trying to do. There are other groups within OGC that may
also provide useful information. The Web3D Consortium is sponsoring a
city modeling competition. The details are at
http://www.web3d.org/competition/city-modeling-2015.

X3DOM V1.3 started to include 2D geometry nodes. I do not know their
current state. The current node list is at
http://doc.x3dom.org/author/nodes.html. See
http://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForWebAuthors/Chapter10-Geometry2D/
for examples in X3D of all of the 2D nodes see
http://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForWebAuthors/Chapter10-Geometry2D/.

Leonard Daly
Co-Chair, X3D WG

*Leonard Daly*