[X3D-Public] LOD versus GeoLOD

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 07:21:38 PST 2014

Thanks, Tom and Doug for your helpful answers. From what I could see in the
x3dom implementation there is some culling of the scene graph for LOD nodes
depending on distance, GeoLOD is currently not available. A small but
important feature of GeoLOD is that the reference (center) point from which
distances are measured can be provided in geographic coordinates. I think I
will put together a test scene to find out more on how LOD works  in x3dom.