[x3d-public] "Gaming Industry Pushes Virtual Reality, But Content Lags" NPR All Tech Considered

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Sat Dec 19 05:45:52 PST 2015

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2015/06/17/415209518/gaming-industry-pushes-virtual-reality-but-content-lags

http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=1&islist=false&id=415209518&m=415274625
"Gaming Industry Pushes Virtual Reality, But Content Lags"
Laura Sydell
NPR All Tech Considered

Excerpts:
"Video game makers are in Los Angeles this week showing off their latest releases. Along with updates of big franchises like Tomb Raider, game developers are showcasing immersive virtual reality games. But virtual reality may not inspire love at first sight when it starts hitting the consumer market."
[...]
"We need a lot more content," says Raymond Wong, an analyst for Mashable. "Everything I've seen so far on any VR headset is basically a tech demo and tech demos are not finished products."