[x3d-public] [bod] Emailing: ISO_Web3D Status Report.pptx; now online + status prognosis

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Wed Feb 18 13:17:10 PST 2015

As discussed on recent teleconferences by BoD and X3D working group, these summary slides are now added to the public website.

You can find them attached on the ABOUT > STRATEGY page.

========
Attached is the _ISO/IEC/Web3D Status Report_ synopsizing current and projected formal status of these international specifications.

http://www.2014.web3d.org/sites/default/files/page/Strategy/ISO_IEC_Web3D_Status_Report_2015January27.pdf
========

You may note that our STANDARDS > RECOMMENDED page lists 4 standards as Draft International Status (DIS) since June 2013.

Dick reports that all of the changes are in hand and he expects to have the completed documents submitted this spring.  That would lead to ISO/IEC voting and approval by this fall.  No further review is anticipated for Web3D Consortium at this point.

FYI the roadmap showing relationships among all of our specifications remains available at
http://www.web3d.org/specifications/X3dSpecificationRelationships.png

Further questions welcome.  Thanks Dick for your steady efforts!