[x3d-public] Better Viewpoint examples/clarifications?

Anthony Judge anthony.judge at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 12:43:56 PDT 2015

With respect to this thread, I have explored further and been able to
discover the answer to my trivial question of the combination of
position/orientations to view the 6 sides of a cube centered on 0 0 0:

1: position 0 0 0.45  /  orientation 0 0 0 0
2. position 0 0 -0.45 /  orientation 0 0 0 -1.571
3. position 0.45 0 0 /  orientation 0 1 0 1.571
4. position -0.45 0 0 /  orientation 0 1.0 -1.571
5. position 0 0.45 0 / orientation 1 0 0 -1.571
6. position 0 -0.45 0 / orientation 1 0 0 1.571

My concern is the time it took to work out the pattern. I experimented
with the View Position Orientation Prototype, but it did not work
locally because of inability to load the ExternProtoDeclare

I noted my testing with H3DViewer was seemingly flawed because it
appeared to ignore changes made to Viewpoints on using Reload after
making modifications.

My argument is that presenting an example in the above terms would
have facilitated and speeded comprehension, especially if a diagram
was used to explain the logic in relation to a cube. The logic is of
course implicit (rather than explicit) in the many explanations.

Tony
--
Anthony Judge
<anthony.judge at gmail.com>