[x3d-public] convex field only a hint? are quads rectangular?

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 11:39:22 PST 2015

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 1:12 PM, Don Brutzman <brutzman at nps.edu> wrote:

> e. high-end graphics cards and use cases of today might make convex
> irrelevant, but smaller devices and software rendering might nevertheless
> care.
>
> So it would seem that /convex/ is useful.  Wondering if /convex/ fields
> are still found in OpenGL/WebGL or other render languages?

I agree and I hesitated to question the fields usefulness but then brought
it up anyway since there is also value in simplifying the spec if the cost
in performance is essentially negligible.

Scenejs.org is a bit similar to x3d and has a json scene description. It
does not deal with triangulation of polygons.
Osgjs.org is a javascript implementation of openscenegraph. Searching for
convex on github only finds a polytope object which is convex by definition.

-Andreas

--
Andreas Plesch
39 Barbara Rd.