[x3d-public] Virtual Reality Rock

cbullard at hiwaay.net cbullard at hiwaay.net
Tue Apr 12 23:39:21 PDT 2016

Hello folks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdmO183fwHU

A bit of virtual reality rock!  Most here from the early days know
this is what I wanted VR for:  interactive and immersive music albums.

Got a new one.

With VR, the web can return value to music on the web because it turns
an album into software and in software if ya ain't got the latest, ya
ain't got the best.  But music is the focus and the people building
this really do need the HTML of the Web that VRML was designed to be.
Easy to lean but powerful with kick ass sound handling, this works.
X3D/VRML work just fine.

This is old school VRML97 rendered to video.  The world, however, is a
free roamer into which my band is building their next album.   YouTube
video because that is a direct path and I don't have means to host the
world on line.  I am informed some new thing called Cobweb may be
helpful for the next phase to field is as VR.  I've not kept up so
pointers or insights would be appreciated.  We really need a YouTube
of VR.

I used BS Contact, Avatar Builder, Flux 2.0 and Notepad++.   For what
I need to do, these are plenty.  Thanks for the code and all the help
through all the years!!

Retired now from the MIC so I can finally just make stuff. :)

len

Walking to Cusco:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdmO183fwHU