[x3d-public] Again: 3d email

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Mon Dec 19 17:45:21 PST 2016

On 12/19/2016 12:50 PM, John Carlson wrote:
> How do we achieve 3d email?  Must the MUA's include x3dom or cobweb as part of their source code?

URL links can work, permissions vary.

	http://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForAdvancedModeling/HelloWorldScenes/HelloWorld.x3d

	http://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForAdvancedModeling/HelloWorldScenes/HelloWorldIndex.html

	http://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForAdvancedModeling/HelloWorldScenes/HelloWorldCobweb.html

	http://x3dgraphics.com/examples/X3dForAdvancedModeling/HelloWorldScenes/HelloWorldX3dom.xhtml

Examples attached for current/future testing.

Note that current incarnation of Cobweb only uses url/src to load an external X3D scene.  Variations between X3DOM and Cobweb are both great for experimentation/testing and also future topics for harmonization/alignment.

Since X3D is embedded within HTML, mail attachments can work with X3DOM if allowed by a user's permissions for mail client.  Perhaps we will also need Web3D.org as a "trusted" site for Cobweb and X3DOM .js/.css libraries to be allowed within enterprise IT systems.

We'll also have to get much smarter and more effective on Cross Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) if we want to enable cross-linked content.

Sounds like this topic is far-enough along for its own page on the website...