[x3d-public] prepareEvents and eventsProcessed in ECMAScript

Yves Piguet yves.piguet at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 15:56:03 PST 2016

Hi,

In ECMAScript binding (19777-1 v3.3), section 7.10 describes functions which can be defined in Script nodes in addition to those handling inputOnly fields. Functions "prepareEvents" and "eventsProcessed" have names which seem to imply some semantics: prepareEvents might be called before any inputOnly function in that Script node for a given timestamp, and eventsProcessed might be called after. But their description is much fuzzier: prepareEvents is said to be called "every frame" (we don't know when), and eventsProcessed "after some set of events have been received" (we don't know how many times).

Could someone clarify? I hope the semantics follows the function names. I want to write a multiplexor Script node where multiple SFFloat values are packed as a single MFFloat which is routed further. This could be done in eventsProcessed provided it isn't called multiple times with the same timestamp.

Thanks,

Yves