[x3d-public] Major Incompatible Revision (not Version) of X3D JSON format, new X3D JSON Loader (Re: X3D JSON encoding: refactoring, simplifying handling of #comment and #ROUTE)

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 04:17:42 PST 2016

The newest X3D JSON format will not be compatible with the old X3DJSON loader, so I am releasing a new version.  You will need to redo your JSON files to accommodate this new loader.  If you don’t want change your JSON, don’t upgrade!  But your JSON probably won’t be compatible with the standard.

Demo is here:  http://coderextreme.net/X3DJSONLD/
Source code is here: https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/

I have started documenting an external API:

https://github.com/coderextreme/X3DJSONLD/README.pdf

I have removed the Prototype expanded examples (forces.json, cobwebs.json, ArchPrototypes.json) for  X3DOM from the demo.  I will probably add them back soon.  Please don’t use them until I do.  You can get new versions by using the prototype expander checkbox and selecting the JSON after loading.

I also need to make sure we are roundtripping correctly.  Can someone suggest a good XML differ?  I can’t get X3D-Edit to diff different files.

John