[x3d-public] summary of remaining JSON parse errors

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 1 10:42:09 PST 2016

>> 1.e2 converted to 1.0e2

> In other words, it should be 1e2

shall be defined in standard:
IS 1 EQ 1. EQ 1.0?
n EQ n.0 for all n?
nem EQ n.0em AND nem EQ n.0em.0 ... for all nandm?

> concerned that will add one more digit of precision

could possibly be a problem with several real numbers depending upon
digital representation

> faithful rendering of the number ...

> Thoughts?

For this individual special carefully considered case, if I understand
it, then just write 1 with no decimal and no exponent, no matter the
exponent.

For all others, I think preferred and hopefully carefully specified as
the desired form is:
If no decimal then no problem or, if you place a decimal, then it
needs to be followed with 0 or a number then no spaces then the e then
a number. Overall, for the stuff before the e, if decimal then
something; no decimal no problem.

Great work to characterize and specify these important details for all
known cases.

Thanks,
Joe