[x3d-public] id attribute proposal

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 05:42:49 PDT 2016

Thanks for the list of keywords/statements which would need to be
considered separately from nodes which have a DEF field.

For now it may be most constructive to accept that these would not have an
ID attribute although at least x3d and scene would be expected to have one.

Referencing the XML encoding spec. brings up the question if it would make
sense to think about the id attribute in terms of encoding the DEF field ?
Could the DEF field be encoded in two attributes with the same value ? At
some point do we need to define a HTML5 encoding ?

Andreas

> Message: 2
> Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 09:11:22 +0100
> From: Yves Piguet <yves.piguet at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [x3d-public] id attribute proposal
>
> On 24 mars 2016, at 04:00, Andreas Plesch wrote:
>
> > Statements such as ROUTE cannot have DEF fields, right ? What other
potential DOM elements cannot have a DEF field ?

> I guess all elements defined in
http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19776-1/V3.3/Part01/concepts.html
and not listed in
http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/19776-1/V3.3/Part01/EncodingOfNodes.html
:

> X3D, head, component, meta, Scene, ProtoDeclare, ProtoBody,
ProtoInterface, IS, connect, ExternProtoDeclare, fieldValue, ROUTE, IMPORT,
EXPORT.