[x3d-public] Using Browser.Print

cbullard at hiwaay.net cbullard at hiwaay.net
Fri Mar 25 11:35:47 PDT 2016

Hello:

There was a means to use a record script that routed position and
orientation values via a proximity sensor to the console or
browser.print in Contact.

Can anyone tell me if this still works?

DEF recordScript Script {
eventIn SFVec3f curPosition
eventIn SFRotation curOrientation

url "javascript:
function curPosition (value) {
value = value/3;
for (i = 0; i = 3; i++){
Browser.print('cur pos = ' +value);
}
}
function curOrientation (value) {
value = value/3;
for (i = 0; i = 3; i++){
Browser.print('cur orient = ' +value);
}
}

"
}

# recorderUtility

ROUTE HUDProxSensor.position_changed TO recordScript.curPosition
ROUTE HUDProxSensor.orientation_changed TO recordScript.curOrientation

FWIW: Finally and joyfully retired.  I can do this again and am developing a
virtual reality music album for my band.  Having a good time sorting through
old code and relearning this language,

For now, using it as a means to animate videos although it works fine
as a VR world.  I have a lot of catching up to do but all the tools
still work.  And THAT is why X3D/VRML is a GOOD THING.

As in the past, all help appreciated!

len bullard