[x3d-public] Purpose of X3Dng -- Animation

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Thu Oct 20 21:23:28 PDT 2016

Joe,

In all your writings you appear to be making the assumption that
joint-based animation with deformable skin is H-Anim. That is not true.
I don't really know what H-Anim is (the spec, especially V2 is rather
unclear on the topic), but joint-based animation with deformable skin is
another technique of animation. It is not even physically human because
it does not account for sub-skin material like muscles. This is
especially noticeable when bending an arm, a leg, or flexing a
character's back.

The example in the post shows that it is just another animation tool.
The "character" it is animating is a pipe.

--
*Leonard Daly*
3D Systems & Cloud Consultant