[x3d-public] Purpose of X3Dng -- Animation (of humanoid models)

Don Brutzman brutzman at nps.edu
Fri Oct 28 14:13:17 PDT 2016

On 10/23/2016 8:22 PM, Leonard Daly wrote:
> I want to point out that my posting on X3Dng Animation [http://realism.com/blog/purpose-x3d-animation] (BTW, ng == next generation)
[...]

OK thanks for defining the acronym, I guess.  But still don't know what that is.

X3D Working Group activities and efforts remain focused on our many architecture and capability improvements underway:

- X3D version 4.0 (for HTML5/DOM integration) and
- X3D version 4.1 (for MAR Mixed Augmented Reality, including VR)

	X3D Version 4
	http://www.web3d.org/x3d4

	X3D version 4.0 Development
	http://www.web3d.org/wiki/index.php/X3D_version_4.0_Development

which in turn support

	Web3D Standards Strategy
	http://www.web3d.org/strategy

Looking forward to continuing progress that reinforces, extends and demonstrates the X3D and H-Anim family of standards.