[x3d-public] PlaneSensor x_changed output event

doug sanden highaspirations at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 7 15:35:10 PDT 2016

Somewhat related: proposed PointSensor node
I found LineSensor (not in specs, did as experiment) would do some of the work of PlaneSensor > trackpoint_changed for dragging axis handles. And extrapolating from that when playing with a X3DConnector prototype, I thought there should be a PointSensor node. Then you don't need trackpoint changed because the main output from PointSensor would be doing that job, except more explicitly and reliably.
http://dug9.users.sourceforge.net/web3d/tests/JohnCarlson/x3dconnector.x3d
- problem with planesensor: for general 3D sensing, as you move around the object to drag from an orthogonal axis, you could be looking edge-on at the planesensor. Similar to problem dragging axes handles with planesensor, solved with LineSensor.