[x3d-public] PlaneSensor x_changed output event

Yves Piguet yves.piguet at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 23:24:53 PDT 2016

I'd also thought about a LineSensor node. I don't really have a strong preference between LineSensor and x_changed in PlaneSensor, provided that the output of LineSensor is an SFFloat, not an SFVec3f. The advantages of x_changed are (1) simpler change to specs and implementations, and (2) easier to generalize to an angle_changed in CylinderSensor node (scalars in SphereSensor aren't very useful without further processing anyway).

I'm not sure to understand your PointSensor. There must be some projection from 2D mouse position to a value with 1 or 2 degrees of freedom. Is it implicitly a plane perpendicular to the view direction? It might solve other problems, but not what I'm trying to address: obtaining a scalar value from a VR slider without obfuscating the x3dv file with trivial scripts and routes.

Yves