[x3d-public] request: Make IndexFaceSet.coordIndex (initializeOnly) a routeable toField in X3DJSAIL

yottzumm at gmail.com yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 23:00:12 PDT 2017

I get the following error from X3DJSAIL

org.web3d.x3d.sai.InvalidFieldValueException:  ROUTE details: FROM OrbitScript.coordIndexes (Script.MFInt32.inputOutput) TO Orbit.coordIndex (IndexedFaceSet.MFInt32.initializeOnly)
ROUTE toField (destination) event can only have accessType='inputOutput' or accessType='inputOnly'.
        at org.web3d.x3d.jsail.Core.ROUTEObject.validate(ROUTEObject.java:721)
        at org.web3d.x3d.jsail.Core.SceneObject.validate(SceneObject.java:547)
        at org.web3d.x3d.jsail.Core.X3DObject.validate(X3DObject.java:1831)
        at org.web3d.x3d.jsail.Core.X3DObject.toFileJSON(X3DObject.java:730)
        at flowers4.main(flowers4.java:79)

This is because the coordIndex is an initializeOnly field in the IFS, I think.  I set the coordindex in my initialize() method in my script and the route it to my IFS.  I do not want to pre-generate this coordindex if I can help it.

Code is attached for your perusal.

If there’s a better solution that meets the standard and does not require pregeneration, let me know.  Thanks.

Is there such a thing as a run-once ROUTE?