[x3d-public] cannot update SVN on X3D sourceforge. Please remove supposed virus.

Michalis Kamburelis michalis.kambi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 24 01:51:51 PDT 2017

> Please remove SetupFluxStudio.exe from X3D sourceforge repository until such
> time as it’s been proven that it’s not a virus.  I cannot update easily, and
> have to check out a fresh copy of the whole repository each time, and it
> stops on the file.  Here’s what I try to do after it fails:
>
> $ svn up
>
> svn: E155037: Previous operation has not finished; run 'cleanup' if it was
> interrupted
>

> $ svn cleanup
>
> svn: E155009: Failed to run the WC DB work queue associated with
> 'C:\x3d-code',  work item 26552 (file-install 83
> legacy/showcase/ContentCreationSuite/authoringtools/FluxStudio/SetupFluxStudio.exe
> 1 0 1 1)
>
> svn: E720002: Can't open file
> 'C:\x3d-code\.svn\pristine\3a\3ad6a0dee0e9726c5748
> 48cda4b5ffee07d86cd9.svn-base': The system cannot find the file specified.
>

> If someone has a solution or has given me a solution in the past, please let
> me know (try another svn client????, disable virus checker???? LOL).

Your virus checker probably silently removes the suspected file (or
moves it to some "quarantine" folder).

I guess that all SVN clients will exhibit problems, as they will all
be surprised by the fact that a file that was just downloaded is
immediately missing from disk. All SVN clients always first download
the file from server, and store it as "pristine" copy (that is only
kept to be able to make "svn status / diff" work offline), and then
later they copy it to the actual directory (outside the svn magic
".svn" subdirectory). All SVN clients use the same libsvn under the
hood, as far as I can tell.

It's not really SVN's fault, I can imagine a lot of software crashing
(e.g. other version control systems) if the files they "work with" are
suddenly removed in the middle of operation.

Disabling the anti-virus seems like the right solution.
- Or, disabling it's pro-active "moving the files to the quarantine
folder" is another solution. It should be possible from the anti-virus
preferences.
- Reporting this file to your anti-virus authors, so that they can fix
it (and *not* be detected as a virus), is also an option.

Regards,
Michalis