[x3d-public] new X3D Java SAI (object model) exercise

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 07:35:36 PDT 2017

Some of the SAI methods used in cobweb_dom are available in X3DJSAIL. Here
is a list of the ones which are not or I could not find:

SAI

browser .importDocument (dom): http://www.web3d.org/
documents/specifications/19775-2/V3.3/Part02/servRef.html#importDocument
browser .replaceWorld (importedScene): http://www.web3d.org/
documents/specifications/19775-2/V3.3/Part02/servRef.html#replaceWorld
field .addFieldCallback(): http://www.web3d.org/documents/specifications/
19775-2/V3.3/Part02/servRef.html#RegisterFieldInterest

Browser services seem to be missing. Does that mean the browser should
become part of the object model ?
registerFieldInterest also seems to be missing. An oversight or is there a
more fundamental reason ? Such as language features providing similar
functionality ?

others

field .addEvent () : non standard, internal method to update field
representation as an event.
browser .processEvents(): non standard, internal method to trigger
processing of all current events.

addEvent may be implied in setValue. There is probably a good reason why
cobweb separated addEvent from setValue, however. Would require studying.
processEvents may be a cobweb_dom specific requirement. I think it was
necessary to proceed after modifying multiple fields in a single step.

-Andreas

--
Andreas Plesch
39 Barbara Rd.