[x3d-public] Alternate Units for X3D and 3D Printing

Leonard Daly Leonard.Daly at realism.com
Fri Dec 8 08:25:30 PST 2017

Justin,

X3D has no 'physical' nor 'length' tag/node. I do not know about Netfabb.

The UNIT statement was introduced in X3D V3.3 and may not be in
Netfabb's allowed tag set.

You could wrap all geometry in a Transform AND use the metadata field to
include text about why the scaling is done. As this would not be a
comment, it would be less likely to be dropped during dissemination. I
would also use a META statement in the header to highlight to the reader
that it is scaled from mm to M in the Transform with the DEF name
ConvertLengthUnitsFromMillimeters (for example).

Leonard Daly