[x3d-public] Need to agree on setContent string encoding in Java (backslashes).

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 19:01:58 PST 2017

Don, we need to agree on setContent string encoding in Java, particularly \’s.: I would also think that \n would be encoded as \n in Java, but I seem to recall some issues with that.

Don’s Java

    .addMeta(new metaObject().setName("description").setContent("a script test with embedded \\n between single quotes, a double backslash \\\\\\\\ a backslash \\\\ and a closing quote \"")))

John’s Java:

        .addMeta(new metaObject().setName("description").setContent("a script test with embedded \\n between single quotes, a double backslash \\\\ a backslash \\ and a closing quote \"")))

X3D XML:

X3D JSON:

          {
            "@name":"description",