[x3d-public] more on web media, structure and behavior. Trying to focus on what can be/should be styled.

yottzumm at gmail.com yottzumm at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 12:49:28 PST 2017

Basically, we should CSS stylize “elements” (below) to do with physics.  This may include filters.  I don’t think anything else in X3D should be stylized (not appropriate, or other technology is already in place).

Just thinking!  It’s fun to think as physics as styling, when we otherwise think it’s so fundamental.

Where do your interests fall across the elements?  I think there’s more chemists and physicists than biologists here.  I’m more of a biomathematician.

John

Web
Major field of study
Elements
Allied fields of study
Media (primitives, SVG, X3D shapes)
Math
Geometry, Images, Text
Art, Music, Sculpture, Film, Photography, Language, Image Processing, Remote Sensing
Structure (HTML5, XML, DOM, attributes, nodes, elements)
Chemistry
Objects, Arrays, Lists, Trees, Graphs, Tables, Inheritance, Classes
Chemical Engineering, Taxonomy, Ontology, Object-Oriented
Styling (CSS, amenable to styling)
Physics
Position, Orientation, Animation, Color, Size, Length, Time, Mass, Force, Charge
Cartography/Mechanical Engineering, History
Behavior (JavaScript, scripts, SAI)
Biology
Function, Scripting, Instructions, Electricity, Networking, DNA/RNA
Computer Science/Electrical Engineering, Education, Logic
Hyper (Link, class, selector)
Psychology
Hyper, Meta, Self, This
Metaprogramming, Cognitive Science