[x3d-public] more on web media, structure and behavior. Trying to focus on what can be/should be styled.

Joe D Williams joedwil at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 6 15:55:31 PST 2017

> I don’t think anything else in X3D should be stylized (not
> appropriate, or other technology is already in place).

css in html just serves to make it not necessary to use a script nodes
and attributes of the dom using dom script by addressing the .style
element of the node instead of directly change the attribute string
value. In many applications css could eliminate the need to build the
variable initial scene from a script This makes it simple to create an
initialized state for a scene as well as change it in accordance with
author intent or user interactions.

The css is built so actions on the css selectors and values cascade
through the dom to create the scene update.

btw, what other technology like css?

Thanks and Best,
Joe