[x3d-public] X3D Java SAI. Declarative style

John Carlson yottzumm at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 01:18:37 PST 2017

On Jan 22, 2017 1:31 AM, "Don Brutzman"

It will be good to see someone test with Eclipse and maybe remote debugging
interface someday.

That would be good.   I think first though, we should submit the versions
jars to a maven repository.   This probably mean creating a pom.xml (maven
package description file), starting versioning etc.

  Right now, I am just at the point where I’m starting to compare inputs
> with outputs (well, a little beyond it).  I would rather continue with what
> I have, believing that programmers will write code that will be easily
> debugged, than write some functional stuff that requires a Lisp PhD to
> debug—or clicking down a whole hierarchy of objects.  Yes, I understand
> that functional programming is the hot thing to do now.  I don’t think
> people should get PhDs in order to debug my code.

i think LISP stands for Lots of Idiotic Stupid Parentheses, not a Ph.D.
requirement.  8)

What I mean is, what to do in the interpreter in lisp after your program
breaks...More than using (exit)

Also any Java code in a single chunk is going to run into the method size
>> constraint.

hmmm interesting, haven't hit that yet, found more information at

        http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17422480/maximum-size-of-
a-method-in-java-7-and-8

 We should pick the best method which allows us to break the code up into
> separate methods (and how will we name those methods?).

You can break up declarative blocks anywhere you want.  2 or more pieces
get saved as individual objects and stitched back together by their parent
object.

btw it wouldn't surprise me if Java 8 figured out how to handle that
automatically... it is theoretically possible. testing will tell.

See above link contains an 8.  9?