[x3d-public] setUSE in X3DJSAIL. Impact on X3DJSONLD.

Andreas Plesch andreasplesch at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 12:39:18 PDT 2017

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 3:13 PM, John Carlson <yottzumm at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is a node tree in X3DJSAIL.   There’s two parts to X3DJSAIL, jsail
> (the implementation) and sai (the interface)

Ok. I think sai (lowercase), the interface, defined in X3DJSAIL, is quite
different from the SAI defined in the standard (abstract, java or
javascript), right ?

My mental model currently is: Use X3DJSAIL to conveniently compose and
manage an (X3D looking) object graph (a 'scene'). The object graph can be
serialized (written out) to XML (strings). The XML is processed by the X3D
browser to an internal scene graph with state. Use SAI to directly
manipulate the internal scene graph. Does that sound right ?

Hoping to clarify and avoid misunderstandings,

-Andreas

--
Andreas Plesch
39 Barbara Rd.