[x3d-public] Illegal package names generated from file paths. Must change URLs or used older files.

yottzumm at gmail.com yottzumm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 06:04:15 PST 2017

I am getting Java errors on lines like this:

package www_web3d_org.x3d.content.examples.Savage.Locations.NarragansettBayRhodeIslandBathymetry.tiles.6;

I will add _ in front of the 6.  The URLs in the files will point to pre-existing files.

In general, filenames should be valid Java packagenames.

This seems like large change, but perhaps adding an _ by hand in front of the file name will help them be used as package names, and we can also fix the URLs.

Also, we shouldn’t have filenames which are Java keywords, like switch, for, default, while, etc.

What do you think?