[x3d-public] FreeWRL scaling and sphere radius. Scaling causes small sphere to disappear quickly.

yottzumm at gmail.com yottzumm at gmail.com
Wed May 3 22:37:28 PDT 2017

Doug Sanden, I'm trying to understand the differences between these two files in FreeWRL.  To me, they should display the same thing.  Thanks.  Attached.

In ball.x3d, there is a transform scale of 180 in x, y, z, with a sphere radius of 5.6E-3.   There is no scaling in freewrl.x3d, and the sphere radius is defaulted.  If I specify the default values , “1 1 1” and “1”, there is no difference in freewrl.x3d.

What happened to the background cube map in both?

I will keep playing with scaling in ball.x3d.  I scaled because of another model I have, and I’d like to replace the IFS model sometimes with a sphere for ease of testing.